Thursday 2 January 2014

Pulling Teeth - Witches Sabbath I & II 7"

The new year is here already. I'm hoping this year will see some more great record releases (so far I have two lined up already), but for now I will be covering off what I didn't have time for in 2013. I thought I'd start out with a quite exciting pickup I had been looking out for for quite some time; the last of the Pulling Teeth Witches Sabbath series. I didn't think this set took me all that long to get, although after looking at the first post I see that I originally began back in September 2012. Maybe that isn't a long time for some people, who knows.
Again these records were never available to purchase by themselves. Volume I was the only of the series released on the Deathwish label, which came alongside the pre-order of the Martyr Immortal CD release. Volume II was released by A389, along with the pre-order of the Japanese version of the Vicious Skin CD. Of course, both are limited to 300 like the rest.
The records come with all that you see, artwork on the front, Roman numerals on the back and except for the cat label, a blank 7" record. There is no information about what tracks are on the vinyl, but luckily the series consists of cover tracks so you can work out what the tracks are meant to be. Volume I comes with a cover of Nirvana's "Territorial Pissings", while Volume II comes with Black Sabbath's "Symptom of the Universe".
Keeping in line with all the other ones I have acquired, I was able to pickup two from the series at the same time. The last pieces in the puzzle were volumes I and II, which were definitely proving to be the most hard to come by off the set. I had seen volume two appear on Ebay a couple of times, but every time I was outbid right at the last second. Discogs wasn't proving particularly fruitful either, until sometime in December when I saw both for sale from the same seller. They offered me combined postage on the two and I placed my order straight away. Perhaps because of Christmas they took a while to come, but I finally have the final pieces I needed.

1 comment:

  1. great collection dude. i've been trying to find III at a reasonable price for the longest time. also, excellent blog, really dig it.

    ReplyDelete