Saturday 6 July 2013

Sledgehammer - Your Arsonist 7"

I have been without internet for a while, and haven't been able to keep up with my usual routine of posting. But as of yesterday I am all connected again so it is back on. Here we have the first (and only if I'm not mistaken) release by Sledgehammer. Back in 2003, this band was a small side project for Dwid, who of course in on vocals, but also features Hans from Liar on bass. 
The 7" features a character holding what is probably meant to be a sledgehammer, but what certainly does look more like a mallet than anything. I suppose the two are pretty similar really. On the inside is an insert of an undressed woman, which is the artwork for the CD version of the release.
I got this from Discogs, where it was listed as being an orange variant. After I purchased it I realised there were several copies that were listed as orange in the title, but were in fact black when you read the full description. Luckily when mine turned up it was orange, it is definitely much better than the black. I have also seen a red version on Ebay, that was a tour version or something like that. It was limited to, oh lets say 20 copies.
One side of the label has the same character from the artwork. The other side took me a while to figure out what the picture was. It looks most like a child with something in their mouth, but I can't say for sure exactly what...

3 comments:

  1. I also have this record. But mine is without insert. Didn't know it existed on red also. Thanks for the info Liam...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could be of assistance Willem

      Delete
  2. the center label is the image from the cover of Van Halen's 1984.

    ReplyDelete