Thursday 30 May 2013

Pulling Teeth - Witches Sabbath V 7"

All the way back in February I mentioned I had picked up this record, it has taken me this long to actually get round to writing about it! For those not hot on Roman numerals, this is the fifth and second to last in the series of six records.  from Pulling Teeth. Here the band play homage to Left For Dead with "Who D'You Know?" and "Skin Graft".
This is a bit of an oddity in the series as it is the only one to contain two tracks rather than just one. Although there are a bit on the short side so maybe this is why. Either way they are right on par with the other cover versions in the series. 
Everything else is much the same as the others in the set; the record is one-sided and reverse grooved, the artwork comes from Compendium Maleficarum by Francesco Maria Guazzo and the packaging comes with no information other than a number on the back.
I picked this up on Discogs I think, and was pleasantly surprised to pick up considerable more than I bargained for. The first of my extra goodies is a 7" by a band called Malefaction, entitled "Worship Nothing". From what I've been able to find this is a Canadian grind band, which I'm not all that into.
Next is another copy of this bloody Affront CD! I got a free copy of this when I received my Reproductive Rights EP. It's not entirely awful, but isn't exactly the best either. It seems like people are just trying to get rid of it!
While the first two extras were a bit of a bust, the last freebie certainly wasn't. This is a CD version of The Love Below's 2009 demo EP. I haven't been able to find any information about this on the internet anywhere, but it is quite exciting to own a copy of. The artwork is the same as the flexi released by A389, which really isn't quite as offensive as what you see on their later releases.
Although saying that the disc itself makes up for that. There is some quite heavy detail there, and the band logo/CD title looks to be well written so I'd like to think this is the real deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment