Friday 9 November 2012

Cease To Exist - Heptaparaparshinokh 7"

Heptaparaparshinokh, yes it is a real word. It's definitely a mouthful, but it relates to the law of seven. Read up here if you want to know more, although I'm not entirely sure how it relates to this release per se
This isn't exactly something brand new; it's been out a while and many others have had the chance of detailing how awesome it is. But for those not in the loop, this is the first 7" from UK's Cease to Exist, released as a joint venture between Hemlock 13 and Feast of Tentacles. I'm not sure why I didn't pick this up earlier, it's never really been too expensive or anything. I'm definitely glad it's finally mine though, it's a seriously good 7" and is probably just about the filthiest sounding thing I've heard in a long time.

This release is purely on black vinyl, which has really turned out great. The centre labels are inverted on either side and seem to resemble a part-lion-part-worm creature.
I'm not sure how many were pressed in total, but Hemlock had 135 copies to themselves. These were all hand stamped and numbered on the inner sleeve. Hopefully there have been sent in no particular order, mine is only 0031. Surely more people would have bought this by now.
And then of course being the great label that Hemlock 13 is there are the extras. First off is this Cease to Exist patch. This is actually rather big, I should have added something else in there for comparison.
Although it was great to receive, to patch above did not take me by surprise. What was surprising though was the three other extras tucked into the record sleeve, extras originally meant for the fantastic Grace 7". There is a patch, sticker and download code for Grace's first self-released CD. That's another six songs of Grace awesomeness all for nothing! Perhaps Nate read my Grace post and decided to send me these to complete that package, if so I thank you.
The whole is this only a measly £3.50, but if that is too much for you, the entire EP is online for free too! You've really got to love bands that do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment