Monday 1 October 2012

Rot In Hell / Horders split 7" - Blue

My last post was about a second-copy pick up, and it was pretty quick and easy to write, hence I thought I'd do the same again. This time around I've got something I think is a little more exciting; a copy of the RIH/Horders split on blue wax. I initially wrote about the black version I got a while ago, but was recently trawling the discogs marketplace and came across this copy selling for really cheap. Funnily enough, reading the old post it seems I somewhat predicted the existence of this post. I've always liked the look of the blue version, so thought there would be no harm in getting one for myself.
This is pretty much exactly the same as the black version, all except for two reasons. The first is the most obvious and has already been mentioned about 4 times; the colour. The vinyl is a lovely blue colour that matches the font on the cover art great. As a nice touch the inner sleeve is also the same kinda sky blue. Oh, and this version is limited to just 100 copies.
The inside of the artwork is exactly the same once again. But it's really well done so it deserves another photo.
Here is the second difference between this version and the black version, this one comes with an HT planchette just like the one on the cover art. This ties in nicely with the whole Ouija board theme of the release (which I'll admit I didn't pick up on until Gavin mentioned below). In all honesty this was probably the main reason I was after one of these blue copies, I love getting the little things.
When I actually ordered this the seller didn't mention if it was included or not. It was pretty cheap,so I didn't get my hopes up but thought it was worth a shot. Of course once it arrived I checked to see if it was the plastic sleeve, and I couldn't see anything. I was a bit disappointed, but what can you do? Anyway, after taking everything out to have a good look I noticed something small slip out of the inner record sleeve and onto my bed. I'll leave you to guess what it was....
I've recently mentioned how good the acoustic incarnation of Rot in Hell is, and if you are a fan of the band I strongly suggest getting your hands on a copy of this (even if its only digital). Plus the horders side is something that'll really grow on you. Well it has on me anyway, so much so that I've also picked up their latest 12" LP that I'll be writing about very soon....

2 comments:

  1. The 'plectrum' is intended to be a miniature planchette, the moveable indicator on a Ouija board. This ties in with the Ouija board-esque layout of the insert; the curved writing and the 'Yes' & 'No' prompts which are common features on a Ouija board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bit embarrassing, now that you mention it it seems obvious, I hadn't made the connection at all.

      Delete